9 Tips for a great Open house
For many families, the beginning of the school year starts the process of looking to the next school year for enrollment in middle and high school. One of the best ways to get to know a new school is to take part in an Open House or School Visit Day.
At Notre Dame Preparatory School, the annual Open House is a signature event in which prospective students and their families get to know the school, tour campus, and learn how NDP’s academic programs and extensive co-curricular offerings can help prepare young woman to graduate ready and eager to transform the world.
Notre Dame Prep welcomes you to its annual Open House on Saturday, October 15, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Here are some tips to follow to have a successful and enjoyable Open House experience:
1) Register: Be sure to register beforehand so the Admissions team can offer the best introductions and tour times. You can register for NDP’s Open House at www.notredameprep.com.
2) Bring Your Questions: Take some time to determine what culture, opportunities, financial aid, class size, and learning support is needed for your daughter to reach her potential. Ask about the specific needs of your family at Open House. We want to hear them.
3) Engage with the teachers: Notre Dame Prep’s esteemed faculty come from all walks of life and draw on experiences beyond the classroom. Many of our faculty held positions in industries outside education and the majority hold advanced degrees. Feel empowered to ask the teachers why they chose NDP, what is their favorite subject, and how they will help your daughter succeed.
4) Take in the Tradition: Founded in 1873, NDP offers 149 years of teaching academic excellence, spirituality, and the pursuit of justice in the tradition of the School Sisters of Notre Dame. The school is a beloved Baltimore institution and recognizable throughout the country by its reputation, iconic uniforms, and most of all, by the impressive young women that come from its hallways.
5) Experience the Innovation Wing: Don’t miss the new 23,500-square foot, two-story Innovation Wing. Peek into the recording studio, fabrication lab, media arts center, architecture drafting room, and all the experiential learning classrooms. See, firsthand, how the STEAM Certificate Program will inspire the next generation of female innovators.
6) Visit the WIN Room: The Women in… or WIN Experience places students in career settings so they may explore interests and apply classroom learning to real work and real-world experiences. More than 700 students have experienced over 346 WINternship opportunities over the last three years.
7) Walk the Athletic Facilities: From the Yeardley Love Turf Field and top-notch tennis courts to the indoor swimming pool and cross-country course, our Blazers compete in athletic facilities made for champions.
8) Reflect in the NDP Chapel: Take a moment to pause and reflect in the chapel. Here at NDP, spirituality infuses each day, from morning prayer to the afternoon blessing.
9) See Yourself in the Halls: From our academics to athletics, service projects to extracurriculars, Notre Dame Prep inspires girls to pursue their passions and new possibilities.
Follow us on social media: